Thursday 8 March 2012

1998 TRYING TO BRING DAN DARE BACK INTO PRINT PITCH

In 1998 Writer Jim Alexander and I tried to pitch to Fleetway Egmont the return of Dan Dare my agent approached Gill Page of Fleetway with our pitch but Gill said there was no more life in Dan Dare , then two years later the Dan Dare corporation launched Dan Dare pilot of the future CGI animated tv show.

Jim and I had the idea of having Dan appealing to the Babylon 5 and Star Trek fans I redesigned the uniforms and the Mekon to have a darker edge all the art would have been fully painted like my pin up.



2 comments:

  1. awesome man. woulda loved to see this get made.

    i noticed in yer profile you list you've worked for warhammer - how was that ? how'd you land that gig ? i love pretty much anything those dudes put out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got to work for Warhammer on their Warhammer the comic via the Editor Christian Dunn I met him at a convention he had seen my Tales of Telguuth work for 2000AD and liked it he just asked me if i'd like to work for Games Workshop's Black Library comic Warhammer the comic and I said ''yes'' and i really enjoyed working for that comic with the material and writers.

    ReplyDelete