Friday 24 April 2009

BLAST FROM THE PAST SHINOBI MASTER NINJA 1993-1995







Shinobi master ninja was based on the Sega computer game
 
Shinobi appeared in SONIC THE COMIC published by Fleetway Editions way back in 1993-1995
I had the pleasure to work with ex 2000ad editor Alan Mckenzie (writer)on the comic strip .

Shinobi was voted 2nd fav strip by the readers and SONIC 'S sales in those days reached 250,000 copies every 2 weeks .

I remember attending a Glasgow Comic Con in 95 and the Sonic table got swamped with parents and kids wanting their comics signed and for sketches ,Japanese people where there filming and we got attention from some U.S guests as to all the excitement (sigh those where the days)

any way i found these old bits and bobs to show, in those days all my covers and comic strips where drawn in marker pens using colour markers and coloured pencils no photoshop or wizz bang graphics just old school drawing.

i loved drawing Shinobi and its nice after all these years i still get young people come up to me at cons saying they loved my work and ask me for a sketch .

IMAGES COPYRIGHT FLEETWAY/SEGA

No comments:

Post a Comment