Sunday 26 April 2009

CHANGE OF ART STYLE FOR SPIDEY 2006







My Editor on SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ADVENTURES wanted me to draw Spidey in a more cartoonish style than my more classic marvel retro style ,Andie Tong a young and very talented artist had come on board the good ship spidey and was drawing some fantastic looking stuff so i changed style ,here's my Spidey sketches showing the new style and my last two Spectacular Spider-man Adventures covers using that style the covers where inked by Lee Townsend and coloured by John Charles.

after a 30 issue run i had run out of steam drawing Spidey and my editor knew this i was sad to leave the title after 5 years but i had nothing left i had drawn all the main villians i had drawn the strip in animation style /retro style/then manga-ish style ,i'll always be proud of my time on that title it was a dream job and i made alot of good friends working on it.

SPIDER-MAN,DR OCK,GREEN GOBLIN COPYRIGHT MARVEL CHARACTERS INC /PANINI UK LTD 2006

2 comments:

  1. Yes it was a great time Jon, nice to see the character sketches great stuff! and the inks on those covers wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep you did a great job inking me on those covers lee wow indeed ,thats hope we can work together on something else one day, hope your keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete